- Over 1 billion people lack access to clean, safe water
- Water born illnesses are the 2nd leading cause of death.
- Every 15 seconds a child dies from a water-related disease.
- Half of the world’s hospital beds are occupied by people suffering from water-related diseases.
- In developing nations, women and children can walk up to 3 hours each day (keeping them from school or a job) to collect water that is very likely to make them sick
- More than 80 percent of the world’s diseases can be attributed to unsafe water sources, sanitation and hygiene.
Since 2009, Vox has been addressing Africa’s water crisis through new well installation, well restoration, water filtration, well mechanic training, and health & sanitation education. To date, Vox has provided over 200,000 people with access to sustainable, clean water in Mozambique, Botswana and Tanzania.
* All water projects are executed in conjunction with exemplary organizations and accompanied by certified health & sanitation education.